Image courtesy of Maggie Smith.
I am continually impressed and inspired by the work being produced by other food & lifestyle bloggers, and I really want to share some of the amazingness that I come across when I am online each day. So here it is, distilled into a few short lines.
These are the classics, the sites I use as my benchmarks:
- Ideas in Food – Aki & Alex inspire me with their challenging combinations and techniques, most of which I don’t even attempt to emulate;
- Abstract Gourmet – What beautiful imagery! What classic lines! Blessed with a discerning palate and a critical mind, you can also find articles by Matt in Spice magazine;
- Summer Tomato – Darya is a scientist and foodie from San Fran whose energy and methodical approach make her site a reliable reference and an interesting read;
- tomato – Ed’s views on food experiences and trends are witty, colourful & honest; and
- lemonpi – the best way I can describe Sydney blogger Y Lee is as a food poet. The way that she describes her food, the minimalism of her photography, her simple styling; she captures the very essence of food in her words and images.
Here are some brand new finds that I think are pretty special:
- sophistimom – I discovered this site last Monday, after following a StumbleUpon suggestion. How a busy mum of three manages to maintain a site so perfect dumbfounds me. My hat goes off to Jaime – and, needless to say, this site is now bookmarked;
- Food Gourmand – Karine started her blog to document her entry attempts into the culinary arts in May this year and she hasn’t looked back;
- Palace Foods – a blogging team of two from Perth whose cooking & dining experiences make for an accessible, intelligent and (sometimes) political read; and
- The Sartorialist – ok, so not a food blog, but certainly an inspiration. The pictures on this site are exquisite morsels, fleeting moments of true beauty. [Thanks go to my innovative friend Vincent for leading me to this incredible site!]
Obviously, this is not a complete gastronomic listing [and there are more great blogs listed on my blogroll > see the sidebar], however I thought it would be sufficient to whet your appetites and lure you further into the realms of good food & wine – and creativity. What do you think – mission accomplished?