a very foodly diary turns 2 today, can you believe it? I can! The last year has been fabulous and tumultuous at once, and I am superexcited about Year 3.
I thought that I would mark the occasion in a similar style to my 1-year birthday – by creating a list of my Top 10 posts (by number of visitors) for Year 2:
- Guest Post 3: A craving for flourless orange, coconut and almond cake – a very excellent post by the very brilliant Adrianne;
- 10 things you can do with ganache – a September 2009 post which was also at the top of last year’s Top 10 list. Well done, choc ganache!
- Lemon tart – the dessert that says what it is. It’s lemony and it’s tarty;
- ‘B’ is for Beetroot – another 2009 post;
- Pepper steak pies – comfort food for meat lovers;
- The Fantastic Mrs. S – one of my favourite places for a lazy coffee;
- What do you do with leftover egg whites? – my 2009 post on biscotti;
- It’s all about the chocolate, Part 2 – featuring Rochelle’s chocolate macaroons and my first foray into raw chocolate;
- It’s all about the chocolate, Part 1 – the post that marked the start of my chocolate-from-scratch experiments. It was #7 on last year’s Top 10; and
- My raw food epiphany – marking the start of my raw food journey.
…and, although these 2010 posts weren’t quite as popular, I loved them so much that I wanted to feature them anyway:
- Pretty little raw petit fours – when I started to get really creative with raw;
- I can’t believe it’s not chocolate! – the best non-cheesy cheesecake I’ve ever tasted (and I’m not biased in any way);
- Smoodgy coconut balls – an awesomely easy raw dessert;
- Accidentally molecular – tomato sauce gone awry in the best possible way; and
- 10 things you can do with food (besides eat it).