Happy new year! I have a good feeling about 2011 already, and I wish you happiness, clarity and prosperity for the year ahead.
I don’t know about you, but the project manager within me needs to recap on achievements at key milestones and year end is an excellent time to revisit goals. 2010 really did prove to be My Year of Living Voraciously:
- I published 80 blog posts – and what a whirlwind journey they represented!
- I wrote an e-book! I aim to have this published by March 2011, so watch this space.
- I received months of hands-on dessert-making instruction from a former pastry chef of Matt Moran’s [thanks, Rochelle!]. I also learned from fabulous foodies like Marion, Karen, Amanda & Adrianne.
- I overcame some major health issues, gave myself more energy and more hours in the day, and rekindled my passions; in having my beliefs and health challenged, I found my foodly philosophy.
- I became a raw food coach.
- I returned to full-time project management.
- I took on new projects in my day job, bought a house (and moved in) and started my foodly business – all within the same month [thanks go to Matt & some pretty special friends for your support!].
- I visited friends, family and food in Broome and Melbourne.
- I was a human sponge; I relearned how to question and I discovered so much, from so many different and amazing sources.
- I helped an incredible 1.5-year old grow into a remarkable 2.5-year old, and he helped me to become a more resilient, focused and caring person.
So to 2011. Once again, there will be no new year’s resolutions for me. The premises behind 2010 served me well so I think I’ll keep hold of them as a sort of theme for life:
It’s all about being authentic, passionate & present, devouring every morsel of opportunity, living the four agreements, giving my all and then some no matter the task. Above all, no regrets.
My 2011 is about being true to myself. Unless I look after my body, my mind and my values, I can’t give my all to the world, let alone those who are most important to me.
As for my goals? I have a few specifics in mind and I think I’ll keep them close until I achieve them 😉
How are you marking your start to the new year?